10 April 2017

Block 6/25 My Queen Size Quilt

If you know me, you'll know that I love water and mermaids and fish and sea things.  So, here are some pretty fish scales. I chalked out horizontal lines and went for it.  I wanted a little bit of 'difference' in the scales so every now and then I added a couple more lines, and in one, a 'pearl'.




This design is so simple and effective.  Each scale is a little smaller than 1.5 inches wide.

Tomorrow's block is a little more 'free style' but it's fun and helps grow your confidence in pure free-style machine quilting.

To see other blocks in my queen size quilt, click below.



I hope you're inspired to try for yourself.  One tip for this style of freehand machine quilting: chalk out your lines first, it'll keep your scales uniform.

Holly
xx













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1