19 January 2016

Hello 2016



2016, you are going to be a good year.  I can see many ups, many downs and many more ups during the course of this year.


Expected List for 2016:

- a baby boy in early April
- a lot less sleep for a few months
- a c-section
- many baby snuggles and sweet sounds of baby snuffles
- tears
- laughs
- swimming
- diapers (getting my American words... people know what nappies are, but only after you've kept talking for a while and they figure that, with the context, you're talking about diapers)
- learning a foreign language (American, see previous item)
- our boy starting Kindergarten (again, see previous item.  Kindergarten here is the equivalent of Year 1 in New Zealand).


Hopeful List for 2016
These aren't a given, but I'm hopeful for:

- a not-as-hot-as-last-year Summer
- some more new friends, I'm a little greedy
- baby beginning to sleep all through the night at an early age, months old, like our first boy
- faster recovery from c-section than last time (I'm trying to stay hopeful, last time was, in a word, 'awful')
- a super comfy and cute arm-chair in our lounge (to claim for myself)
- crafting/sewing/drawing/painting to not take [too much] of a back seat when baby arrives
- more blogging than once a month.


Thankful List for 2016

- the support of the people around us
- Mission68 and our awesome Pastors/worship team, volunteers and such that make Sunday mornings  a breath of fresh air (and tears, unstoppable, every time, bring the kleenex, every time)
- His provision of everything we have and need
- my incredibly supportive husband and my sweet boy(s)
- friends who call when I suck at calling first
- Netflix.  You don't have the selection I would have loved but you are enough, and that is enough
- Pandora.  Listening to my boy sing along to worship songs.  I have them on in the background often, his singing is the sweetest thing
- prayer
- peace that transcends all understanding, always.


2016, you are going to be interesting.  I don't think I'm ready for you, but with God, all things are possible.


xx



EDIT:  TODAY I'm doing the Glucose Tolerance Test.  It's going to be a little different than last time, but I'm still expecting to spew, so the word for today is: nervous!  Pray for me!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1