31 January 2015

Alphabet Lettering

After Christmas I bought myself a new pretty moleskine journal... and it just so happened to be at a time when I had the alphabet on my mind.

I've had ideas of painting an alphabet chart, with pretty colors and designs, for my son's bedroom, and when I got this new journal, that's what I planned on doing.  At least one letter a day... which would only take 26 days (easy, right).

I got this far...




Then I counted the pages in my new journal and realized that doing this project would take up nearly half of it and I was beginning to get bored with the lettering already.  Waaa!

So, for now, I have A, B, C, D, E and F, and not a lot of intention to finish the alphabet (in this style) in the near future.

Have you ever started a project, full of good intentions, only to get tragically bored with it and lose interest?

I have, however, begun to pick up old projects (crochet baby blanket, now finished, yay! And crochet rag rug, currently working on) to get them finished or, at least, closer to getting finished.



xx








4 comments:

  1. I love these!!! If you ever finish them - please sell prints/pdfs on felt, I would totally buy! (Also lower case). Lol. You just said you weren't keen to finish them and now I'm hounding you for the complete set of 52 :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Stella, you're a champion! I'll do it... one day. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  2. These are lovely Holly! But yes I too have the same good intentions pile that get forgotten about and shoved away in the corner....I've lost count how many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I've been thinking about what to start next, now. I have at least one other project that needs to be finished, a crochet blanket, but it's made from 4 ply linen (about 3-ply weight) with a 2.25mm hook and it's going to take aaaaages. It'll be my go-to for when I'm bored.

      Delete

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1