22 April 2014

Patience

This is not a post about how to exercise patience.

I really have no choice in my life right now other than to be patient.  Ok, if I'm honest with myself, there are several other options; I could choose to mope about, I could choose to be a depressing person to be around, or to dwell on the distance between my husband and I, or I could choose to be resentful.  I could choose a lot of negativity right now.

But I choose joy.  In that, I am in turn, patient.

I'm choosing to focus on every day as it comes:
Loving my son in the way 1 Corinthians 13 describes love.  Praying.  Reading my Bible.  Praying with my son.  Singing thanks-giving songs.  Talking with my husband (skype/email).  Talking with my son about his Daddy.  Being thankful for every good thing in my life right now.  Being a joy to be around, making others smile and going out of my way to do nice things for others.



If I'm still honest, I'm not 100% perfect at doing everything on that list diligently.  But I try to do it with integrity.  Where I fail one day, the next day I'll work on it.

My life circumstances are pretty unusual right now.  Not a lot of people have been in the same boat, but some have, and that's helpful.

We're in the 'process' of moving to another country.  It really is a process.  Step by step, day by day.

My husband is in that other country, job hunting, setting up, finding an awesome church.  Our son and I are waiting for immigration visas to be processed.  It could take a few more months yet, we don't know exactly when we'll all be together again.  But we will, and that's how long we'll wait.

Choosing joy, purposefully.



xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1