04 April 2013

Sewing and Painting

I finished one of the circley-things in my post about my 'office'.  A Bunny Wheatie!  Cute much?!


Cute little bunny butt.

Cute little bunny toes.




I ended up painting on the eyes/cheeks/toes/hollymayb - which led me to paint something else (because I couldn't put the paintbrush down) that I've been wanting to paint for a long time.



Right about here is where I thought it would be a cool idea to show you just one way to recyce an old phonebook.  You rip off the front cover and use the top page as a pallet.  When you're done, or you need a new pallet, just tear off the top page and you're left with a fresh, new one on top.

This is what I finished up with...

I played with acrylic paint (Resene of course) and indian ink.

I've had this piece of scripture with me for a long time now and had written and re-written it down in various places.  It's a small image of how different everyone is, and how splendid every thing in creation is in it's own amazing way.  It reminds me of how indescribable our God is and how infinitely creative and amazing he is.


I want to decorate my house with encouraging and instructing scriptures so that wherever I look and however I'm feeling, I'm reminded and encouraged and so that the people in my house are too.

xx





16 comments:

  1. I have found you via Kiwi Mummy BLogs. I love the bunny and your art work. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely work holly, have a great weekend, and see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Max! Yay, Bloggers Connecting is going to be awesome! Can't wait to meet your little bundle too :)

      Delete
  3. awesome! You have such a lot of talent x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I use my old phone books as pallets too! Also good to put under stencils when cutting them out!

    LOVE the painting! I am super jealous of your awesome font writing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Yeah, old phone books are SO handy for us folk. :)

      Delete
  5. That is the most adorable thing I have seen! I found you via BloggersConnecting - It looks like everyone is crafty except for me, eeeeppp!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hey, you are crafty in your way - you can take AMAZING photos - if only I could do that! There is certainly an art to it, I know that much.

      I especially love your Mr Robin Bird. He's sooo cute!

      You are a talented photographer!

      Delete
    2. And you've got graphic talent too! The page doesn't seem to work though 'portfolio of invites'. xx

      Delete
    3. Oh gosh... (duh to me). I just read futher... it's what you do for a job. No wonder. Lol.

      Looking forward to meeting you! :)

      Delete
    4. Shucks! Thanks :) I try my best to take nice photos :) And the "portfolio of invites" is linked to blog posts, I haven't done any new ones since making my blog live, which was a few weeks ago, but I have some examples here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447605491938241.104953.442108245821299&type=3 :)

      Delete
  6. Love the bunny Wheatie it's adorable :-) and what a lovely way to inspire yourself with words that mean do much to you.... I want mike to cut me a wall decal that says " take care of the small things, and the big things will take care of themselves" Also thanks for the phone book tip! :-) see you soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! You're welcome :)
      Looking forward to meeting everyone (I'm so going to forget which blogs belong to which faces... uh oh.

      Delete

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1