10 January 2013

Crochet Coasters

If you don't know what to do, crochet.

I have so many cool things to write about, it's about time I shared, right?

I know this isn't technically a MADE IT post, but I've tagged it anyway, just because I made it.

I found this amazing blanket.  It was so amazing and pre-loved that it was thinning in a few too many spots.  I heard it's cry for another lease on life and came up with these cuuuute coasters.



These are made from a real, retro, 100% wool, NZ-made blanket. These ones are already sold, I'm sorry, but it's ok, I'll be making some more!  Just not in this exact same pattern... I'll let you know when I put them up for sale (here).







Retro-vintage-crochet-wool sweetness for your tea cup to lay on.

Do you use coasters?  If you do, do you use them because they're pretty, or because you need to use them, or both?

xx




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I use one or two, just on antiques i'm afraid of damaging x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ARE pretty! no wonder they were snaffled up so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! The blanket that you used is so pretty, such great colours.
    We use coasters in this house. Mainly to save wooden furniture but some just from habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look fantastic - love them! Well done on such a speedy sale too

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1